Simms Challenger Insulated Jacket
The ideal ice fishing jacket with lightweight yet toasty 120 g PrimaLoft insulation.
- 2-layer Toray® laminate for 100% waterproof protection and PrimaLoft® insulated warmth
- High-loft insulation in body & sleeves
- Water-resistant center front zipper with storm flap
- 3-point adjustable storm hood
- 2 zippered hand-warming pockets, chest pocket, internal zippered pocket
- Dual draw-cord adjustable bottom hem
FABRIC TECH: Face: 2-layer waterproof Toray®; Insulation: PrimaLoft® Silver Insulation 120 g in body/100 g in sleeves; Liner: 30D 100% polyester, 100% nylon abrasion zones
Sub-freezing temps and the elements that come with late fall, winter, and early spring have the tendency to deter a lot of anglers. That’s perfectly fine with us. More fair-weather fishermen equals more empty parking lots, and vacant water. The truth is, when dressed for success, not only is cold, wet weather tolerable, it can also be quite productive. Traditionally, the solution to cope with challenging weather has been to layer appropriately, and throw a waterproof bib and jacket on as the outer layer. The problem is, the colder it is, the more layers you need and the more bulk you collect. Our answer, the Challenger Insulated Jacket and Bib, a waterproof package that warms like no other. To see how this kit has been performing during its intended season, we checked in with a few of our pros who fish in the frostiest parts of North America on open and hard water alike. Read their reviews below.